04/16/2013 | Spring Cleaning Pest Prevention Tips
View Previous Post | View Newer Post
It’s that wonderful time of year when the flowers begin to bloom and the weather finally begins to warm. While just about everyone has their usual list of things to do when it’s time for spring cleaning, there is an important item that should not be forgotten on that to-do list.
Homeowners should be sure to take extra precautions to prevent pests from becoming a problem as they also enjoy the warmer temperatures and before more active as they search for food and also often reproduce. A proactive pest control plan is really a must, as preventing a problem or stopping it in its tracks is far less expensive than trying to eradicate a full-blown infestation of any kind.
Types of pests that might invade
Just some of the nasty critters that can invade your home include:
- Rodents like rats and mice which can spread disease and cause extensive damage to your home.
- Bed bugs are one of the most frustrating insects that bite humans as well as pets. Fortunately there are excellent pest control methods that can be put into place to prevent an infestation.
- Cockroaches can be found in just about any big city in America and getting rid of them can be difficult, but by working with experts such as what you’ll find with Assured Environments this problem can be prevent or eradicated.
- Fleas are just about as horrific as bed bugs and can even be harder to get rid of. Few products that can be found over the counter will actually work to get rid of them. It’s best to call pest control experts who have access the latest and greatest methods that have the ability to kill the larva as well as the fleas.
Steps you can take to prevent these pests from invading
While working with a reputable pest control company like Assured Environments is a proven method of pest infestation prevention, there are several steps a homeowner can take as well.
- Be sure to keep your kitchen clean. Pests are attracted to any food that is left out as well as crumbs on the floor or spilled drinks. By being diligent about keeping a clean kitchen as well as not leaving dirty dishes in the sink you can decrease the chance of attracting unwanted pests.
- Fix any torn or damaged window screens and make sure they are securely fitted so that insects cannot enter.
- Make sure there is no stagnant water on your property which is an ideal breeding ground for many insects.