09/24/2012 | Where To Find a Bed Bug Exterminator?
If you find that you have bed bugs and live in New York City then you need a bed bug exterminator NYC. Bed bugs are a serious issue and they can make life horrible for those who have to deal with them. While they do not cause physical harm other than itching and the discomfort from it, they do cause psychological and emotional issues. For one, if the infestation is really bad, they can make a room smell horrible from the oil they leave behind, or their “dirt”. Trying to get rid of them on your own can be frustrating which can be the cause of the emotional turmoil.
If you call an exterminator they can help with these issues by coming to your home and offering you solutions that work for you. Some of the solutions are as follows:
- Control – If you do not have bed bugs or there is not what would be considered an infestation, a professional exterminator not only gets rid of them but also offer control advice. This includes always checking the mattress when you stay at a hotel. Putting petroleum jelly on the legs of your furniture to keep them off these areas is another control trick that works.
- Treatment – There are a couple of different treatments that work with eradicating bed bugs.
- First, there are chemical sprays that are completely safe to both humans and pets that can be used by anyone without prior training.
- Second, there is the dry steam heat method but this can be time consuming and requires special tools. Calling an exterminator for this treatment type is the best way to get rid of the bed bugs.
- Finally, there are harsh chemicals that can be used in situations where the infestation is so bad that the other treatments do not work. These must be conducted by a professional as the pesticides are dangerous. Plan on being out of the home for seven days as the poison can linger that long.