12/03/2012 | Essential Commercial Pest Management Prevention Tips
One of the last things you want as a business owner or manager is a pest infestation. Pests carry a number of health threats with them, and depending on the pest, can do electrical and structural damage to your commercial property. In order to prevent this from happening, though, you need to take the proper steps for adequate pest prevention. Here are a few ways that you can make sure you are on top of commercial pest management:
- Ensure that regular maintenance is performed on your commercial property.
- Dispose of trash frequently and make sure that garbage is stored in containers with a tight seal. Make certain that employees understand the importance of this pest prevention tip.
- Clean up any food or drink spills immediately and dispose of properly.
- Ensure every high-traffic area is thoroughly cleaned every day, especially in areas where trash and food are likely to accumulate.
- Make certain that any and all dirty dishes are washed on a daily basis. Never leave contaminated dishes overnight, as these are food sources for ants and other rodents.
- Keep all trees, bushes, and shrubs appropriately trimmed and the grass short.
- Cover all holes that are larger than 3/8 inch using materials that rodents cannot gnaw through, such as concrete, galvanized steel or steel sheeting. Mice can fit through even the tiniest of holes.
- Clean up debris around the commercial building and grounds.
- Ensure your commercial property has gutters installed, and if not, have them installed. If gutters are installed, make certain that they are in good working order. This will keep water away from the foundation of the building. Gutters often need to be cleaned out from debris accumulating, so keep this in mind.
While prevention is key, your commercial property may already be infested with pests and/or rodents. If you are unsure, time is of the essence and you should call a licensed and professional commercial pest management company in New York as soon as possible for a thorough pest inspection and detailed analysis of the situation.
Assured Environments deals with all types of pest control, including mice, rats, cockroaches, flies, ants, birds, and more. They offer immediate corrective steps when pest activity has been discovered upon inspection. With more than 150 fully-trained technicians, Assured Environments offers round-the-clock commercial pest management services as well as drain cleaning, chute cleaning, and LEED.